Where today the basilica rises, in the IX century, there was an oratory on the sepulchre of Sant'Antonino, patron of the city and the diocese of Sorrento. In 1380 the church was officiated by a thick rector of regal nomination.
The inside is to three aisles it divided from twelve columns of different marbles coming from buildings of the Sorrento Greek-Roman. To the center of the ceiling on cloth, painted to lacunari, there is a cloth of Giovan Battista 1734 Blade, in which is represented Sant'Antonino that frees from the demon the daughter of Assassin duke of Benevento. To the side walls of the transetto there are two great cloths raffiguranti Sorrento freed by the plague of intercession of St. Gaetano and The 1648 Sorrento siege.
The monumental greater altar in committed marbles originates from the suppressed monastery of the Holy Trinità. Through a staircase to double ramp it is accessed the crypt with time sustained by columns of bare. The you are oval on cloth with the Saints Compatroni of Sorrento they are of Charles Amalfi of 1778. In the altar they are preserved the bare ones of Sant'Antonino; the numerous silver ex-vote they testify the great popular faith for the Patron. In the crypt it is, besides, preserved an ancient wooden Crucifix that was brought in procession on the occasion of serious calamities, while on the altarino of left there is a fifteenth-century fresco raffigurante the Madonna of the Graces coming from the city boundaries. In the sacristy there is the 1564 Sant'Antonino silver statue.